This barracks is typical of the type of architecture used at the camp. It was built in 1946 and has been restored several times.
It was intended to house around 200 to 250 people, although there were never more than 500 prisoners in the camp. When the camp was still operating, however, there were four barracks at the site. Steam heating was only installed at the barracks in 1969. Prior to this, the barracks were heated using stoves.